Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bluebirds


While I know that bluebirds stick around in the winter, I'm always surprised to see them when most of the other thrushes are gone.    They've been hanging out in Tarrant Park eating berries.

These days I usually hear their soft call before I spot them in the grape vines and dogwoods.  They seem to let me get much closer than the Cedar Waxwings.  I'd like to attribute their "tameness" to the fact that I talk to them when I check the nest boxes the 4th graders (with the help of Kent Hall of the Bluebird Restoration Association of Wisconsin) installed in the park 2 years ago.





1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo of my favorite bird. Still have them in my yard also. i was glad you told me to close the panels on the bluebird houses so they could
    huddle together on cold nights.....thanks.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete