Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Blue Book Value of My Prius - My Loss

I continue to drive my 2010 Prius, albeit cautiously.  And wouldn't ya know, yesterday, for the first time, I experienced the momentary "acceleration" when the braking systems switch.  I was watching for birds and photographing hoar frost on my favorite rural road when it happened. 

Toyota says they have a simple computer "fix" for the brake problem.  But now, according to a report on MSNBC, Toyota and I have another problem:  my investment has dropped in value - and there's talk about Toyota owners (and stockholders) filing a class action suit. 

Okay, I'll be the first to agree that Toyota corporate big-wigs weren't thinking about their customers when they didn't respond to the "complaints" quickly.  But I don't see how class actions like this can "fix" the situation.  

When I look back at my first blog, written on the day I bought my first new car in a decade, I'm amazed ... who'd-a-thunk I'd be feeling buyer's regret 5 months later?  

Now I cringe every time I see the word "Toyota" in the news.

And I'm still waiting for a personal communication, a recall letter... or email... from Mr. Toyoda's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment